McTimoney Chiropractors have been helping people for more than 30 years. Over 150,000 new patients consult a McTimoney Chiropractor each year, the equivalent of approximately 8000 people being cared for by a McTimoney Chiropractor per day.
Back pain is one of the most common problems that Chiropractors are presented with. Often we are asked what we treat; the simple answer is we treat the patient not a particular condition. Our bodies are self-regulating and are programmed to be healthy and research has shown that Chiropractic care can also help with symptoms associated with the following conditions:
- Ankle sprain (short term management)
- Elbow pain and tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
- Headache arising from the neck (cervicogenic)
- Inability to relax
- Joint pains
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
- General, acute & chronic backache, back pain (not arising from injury or accident)
- Generalised aches and pains
- Mechanical neck pain (as opposed to neck pain following injury i.e. whiplash)
- Migraine prevention
- Minor sports injuries and tensions
- Muscle spasms
- Plantar fasciitis (short term management)
- Rotator cuff injuries, disease or disorders
- Shoulder complaints (dysfunction, disorders and pain)
- Soft tissue disorders of the shoulder
The team at Abacus work in partnership with the patient providing the patient with detailed post treatment advice such as stretching and postural advice and guidelines that are specific to the patient to promote optimal recovery. We are very proud of the patient practitioner partnerships that we have developed over the years.
In addition to McTimoney Chiropractic, Abacus is also proud to offer sports and remedial massage.
If you are unsure if you are suitable for chiropractic care the clinic offers a free postural assessment. This is a short assessment with a Chiropractor to discuss how chiropractic care can help.